Skip to main content

Paradox of Reading

Now some of you may know what a paradox is. To equate our understanding, let me rephrase it. Paradox is a contradictory statement between the words while still makes sense to the meaning as a whole. A commonly used paradox for example is "less is more". Less and more is a completely different word and meaning where less means a lesser amount or quantity, contradicting more which means a greater or additional amount. An easy way to understand this sentence is, for example, when you procrastinate less, you will have more free time, thus resulting in more time for working. Something like that. Next is reading, which I don't think I need to rephrase it.

    Enough of the introduction, now onto the main topic. We all, or at least some of us, agree that reading is one of the most entertaining activity to do in our free or full time. Whether you are reading fiction books, research-based books, journals, or blogs and websites like this depending on your purpose. To broaden your knowledge on things, to catch up with the news, or to feed your imagination and just want to leave the real life world behind. Sweet escape.

Like Aristotle said,
The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
Like Albert Einstein said,
The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
    The more we read, the more we realize that we have known only a tiny bit of the universe's plot. Therefore we want to read more and more, leading us to not try or implement the things we have learned because we are afraid to take any chances based on our little-knowledge perception.

    Fear, is something a human being has to acknowledge and surpass. In order to have the power to do that, you need to read more. Just kidding. I'm sure you guys have already read a bunch of articles and other topics. Fear usually also means that you are a perfectionist. You are afraid to fail. That's it. That's why you procrastinate. In order to surpass this, you want to start as soon as your mind thinks about the idea. Don't even think about "yeah I'll do it in five minutes", "give me 10 more minutes", "I'll start doing it at xx:00 next hour". Just as soon as your mind pops the idea, count down from five until one and then just start doing it.

    To be honest, I am somewhat a perfectionist myself, thus this paradox applies to me too. At least that's what my closest friends told me. All my works usually has been done on the last minute. Last. D*mn. Minute. I'm still in university so we are going to use assignments as an example. Usually the lecturer would give us a one-semester-long-project because the process is going to take so much time and the result have to be at least precise even if it's not accurate, it's still tolerable. Then there is me, a young fine man, who likes to do other activities rather than fulfilling my responsibilities mentioned above. Knowing d*mn well that I wouldn't finish the task in time if what I'm aiming is perfection. A good friend of mine once said, "a good thesis is one that is done". No matter how many mistakes you may have made in the writings, it's still a good thesis because at least it's done.

Conclusion:
    Reading is indeed a source of knowledge especially in internet era where you can read almost anything you want to know in a quick search on an online library or search engine which saves us time rather than having to go to the nearest library in our town and then look for the book we want to read. While it's addicting, you also want to implement what you have just read in order to fully understand the idea of the thing you just read, admit it we can't be a madman who can make a very innovative founding on our first attempt. Perfection is something that's hard to get if you aren't brave enough to start the first step to get the task done. Be a challenger. Beat the game.

Adios!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parting Apart

I want to say I'm sorry, but I can't. Maybe I'm a hopeless romantic guy. I really love her, so much. With all my heart. Every night, it's a battleground in my head. Whether to forgive myself and just move on, or there are other layers that I have not yet discovered. I really want her to come back. Maybe it's true, love does not have to have . I want her to shine. She's a diamond of her own league. She's cute. She's my smile. She's everything for me. Now I'm getting emotional ahaha.      My sense of romance isn't getting any better as the day goes by. Practice ? That's probably the word. I need to do it. It's just, I couldn't understand her. I mean, I do have a sister. I should understand her a little bit; woman's world. Maybe much. But, like people say, everyone is unique. She's special.      I hope that she's smiling everyday; I know she's a tough one. She's an independent woman. Knowing that everything's

Pidato Wisuda yang Tak Tersampaikan

Baik, terima kasih kepada panitia arak-arakan bulan Mei atas kesempatan yang telah diberikan.      Yang terhormat, ibu Ir. Shinfi Wazna Auvaria, S.T, M.T selaku Ketua Program Studi Teknik Lingkungan UINSA, ibu Ir. Sulistiya Nengse, M.T selaku Sekretaris Program Studi Teknik Lingkungan UINSA dan Pembina Himpunan Mahasiswa Teknik Lingkungan UINSA, saudara Fakarrudin Rafi, S.T (amin), menyusul, selaku Ketua Himpunan Mahasiswa Teknik Lingkungan UINSA, saudara Ferdika Naufal, S.T, menyusul juga, dan rekan-rekan Env beserta keluarga kita semua.      Sebetulnya, cukup sulit untuk meresumekan atau menyimpulkan pengalaman selama saya berkuliah di kampus kita tercinta, UINSA SBY.      Teknik Lingkungan. Jurusan impian saya sedari kelas dua SMA. Timbulnya keinginan tersebut berawal dari keinginan mulia masa muda. Yaitu, daerah tempat di mana saya tinggal, di Tangerang, yang kalau malamnya hujan lebat, pasti besoknya bolos sekolah. Bukan karena nakal. Ya, memang nakal, sedikit. Tapi, bolosnya kare

Music, Joy, Vibe!

For the past few months I've been enjoying to listen to some old songs I used to listen to when I was younger such as hip hop, emo, pop and etc. Human is unique. We can lift up our mood by listening to a certain sound and it can help us focus on things that we are working on. Whether you just had a long day, or a very adventurous day, you always want to pop a song or just sing it yourself without the song playing. Alone, or with someone you know, together blasting the feeling out.      For me, the kind of music that I really like is hip hop, especially rap song. I don't know why but rap songs can always keep me sane during work or school hours. It's probably because I also try to imitate the gesture of the MC make when they are performing on stage. There are Eminem, 2Pac, Ice Cube, Kendrick Lamar, Rich Brian, Denzel Curry, Mac Miller, Logic, Joyner Lucas and J. Cole. Each has their own different technique and style. It's unique. I can never get tired of listening to the