Skip to main content

Paradox of Reading

Now some of you may know what a paradox is. To equate our understanding, let me rephrase it. Paradox is a contradictory statement between the words while still makes sense to the meaning as a whole. A commonly used paradox for example is "less is more". Less and more is a completely different word and meaning where less means a lesser amount or quantity, contradicting more which means a greater or additional amount. An easy way to understand this sentence is, for example, when you procrastinate less, you will have more free time, thus resulting in more time for working. Something like that. Next is reading, which I don't think I need to rephrase it.

    Enough of the introduction, now onto the main topic. We all, or at least some of us, agree that reading is one of the most entertaining activity to do in our free or full time. Whether you are reading fiction books, research-based books, journals, or blogs and websites like this depending on your purpose. To broaden your knowledge on things, to catch up with the news, or to feed your imagination and just want to leave the real life world behind. Sweet escape.

Like Aristotle said,
The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
Like Albert Einstein said,
The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
    The more we read, the more we realize that we have known only a tiny bit of the universe's plot. Therefore we want to read more and more, leading us to not try or implement the things we have learned because we are afraid to take any chances based on our little-knowledge perception.

    Fear, is something a human being has to acknowledge and surpass. In order to have the power to do that, you need to read more. Just kidding. I'm sure you guys have already read a bunch of articles and other topics. Fear usually also means that you are a perfectionist. You are afraid to fail. That's it. That's why you procrastinate. In order to surpass this, you want to start as soon as your mind thinks about the idea. Don't even think about "yeah I'll do it in five minutes", "give me 10 more minutes", "I'll start doing it at xx:00 next hour". Just as soon as your mind pops the idea, count down from five until one and then just start doing it.

    To be honest, I am somewhat a perfectionist myself, thus this paradox applies to me too. At least that's what my closest friends told me. All my works usually has been done on the last minute. Last. D*mn. Minute. I'm still in university so we are going to use assignments as an example. Usually the lecturer would give us a one-semester-long-project because the process is going to take so much time and the result have to be at least precise even if it's not accurate, it's still tolerable. Then there is me, a young fine man, who likes to do other activities rather than fulfilling my responsibilities mentioned above. Knowing d*mn well that I wouldn't finish the task in time if what I'm aiming is perfection. A good friend of mine once said, "a good thesis is one that is done". No matter how many mistakes you may have made in the writings, it's still a good thesis because at least it's done.

Conclusion:
    Reading is indeed a source of knowledge especially in internet era where you can read almost anything you want to know in a quick search on an online library or search engine which saves us time rather than having to go to the nearest library in our town and then look for the book we want to read. While it's addicting, you also want to implement what you have just read in order to fully understand the idea of the thing you just read, admit it we can't be a madman who can make a very innovative founding on our first attempt. Perfection is something that's hard to get if you aren't brave enough to start the first step to get the task done. Be a challenger. Beat the game.

Adios!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Persist and Resist

No matter what the results are, keep doing it . You only get better when you don't stop. Even if you don't think you can pull it, just believe in yourself. If something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor. -Elon Musk      Start fresh. Do things slowly . Never expect big returns. Always think of the worst case possible scenario. Slow but sure . Stay away from distractions . Build up your confidence . Listen to music of your choice. But remember, take a quick break once in a while. Record your progressions. You will soon see how much you have improved . Adios!

Judgmental

Being a judgmental person made me lose a lot of opportunities I could have get. Seeing someone else's achievement, judging the person because they just can't finish their work on time, etc.  You know too much psychology when you can't get mad because you understand why everyone's reasons for doing everything.      I was a very judgmental person. I would talk sh*t to anyone that I feel they deserve what I'm about to say. Even if they would hate me in the end. I didn't care about one's feeling towards my actions. One day I realize I've made so much mistakes by letting them know what I think about them because you simply just can't say what you think about them directly. People don't need your suggestions or input unless they asked you for it and even then people will more likely going to let it pass. I realize that by telling them what to do I would just waste my energy and time which I can invest in something else instead of being a judgmental pe...

love does not have to have

Classic story. Our life, we bump into new people each and every day, whether they last long or only as a one-time-meet-and-gone. When we meet new people, it is either we that will change their life, or they are the one that will change our life. This can be our mindset, way of life, how we dress, how we treat other person, or just simply making new memories. Now love is something more complicated. It is, indeed, complicated in many ways. For me, all my life I have fallen in love twice, it was back in junior high school and senior high school. Both has somewhat similar hobbies and character, though if I look more closely they both are unique. I still have feelings towards them, although I never made a contact ever since we separated from school. These past few years I have never fell in love to anyone else. Weird I know. We were young, and we were old. Life was warm, then life was cold. It gets harder, yes you'll see, but, were we ever meant to be?   -Reality Club    ...