Skip to main content

We are Afraid of Uncertainties

Imagine you are alone in an abandoned house. Just imagine it, don't ask me how did you end up there -.- you realized that all your clothes are dirty as h*ll and you are starving. Somehow time feels so slow there, it's so dark. You feel the breeze of the wind but it doesn't seem to have any window near where you stand now. Strange as it may sound. You didn't find anything there but a big, empty, dark room in front of your very eye. The wind suddenly started to feel cold and colder each second, there was no other choice but to pass through that only door.

    There is a quote which I forgot who and where did I read that saying, 

nothing is certain except the uncertainty itself.

    A dark room is something that most of us are afraid of. It's because our perception that we dislike uncertainty. From the day we were born, we have been taught that there are ghosts living with us, crimes that cannot be seen using our not-so-used-to-crime-investigation eye, aliens living above our planet and etc. Whether you believe in one religion or not, you are still likely to be afraid of it because your community does too. Environment plays a big role on how you improve, adapt, and persevere in your life. If you live in a pessimistic family or your neighbor which you would always come to them when you need someone to talk to, you are more likely to be a pessimist person than someone who live and interact with those who have been struggling and achieve their goals in life. The negative influence that comes from that is merely the beginning. Later on you will be afraid of taking chances, new opportunities, jobs, ranks, etc.

    Black hole, is also an uncertainty. But scientists around the world have been doing a lot of researches regarding the definition of a black hole, what if something ended up inside, will it ever come back?, what is inside the black hole and how can we find it? The question is, why makes them keep going on their doing? What does it give if you can finally know what is inside the black hole? The idea is surpassing your current level and fear which usually limits us to take new challenges. Do your research, how big will the room be after you pass the door, find a match or a lighter to help you through the dark, observe the surrounding with your ear and etc. We can't delete the feeling of uncertainty but we can control how the feelings will affect our life. After all, it's not something we can tackle in one sitting. Take your time.

    Will aliens ever make an appearance to us human on Earth? Will the sky crumble when the aliens arrive on Earth? Will there be an afterlife? well, that will be story for another time, no one knows the answer yet for now. One thing for sure is for us to keep on learning everyday and keep pushing our boundaries.

Adios!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parting Apart

I want to say I'm sorry, but I can't. Maybe I'm a hopeless romantic guy. I really love her, so much. With all my heart. Every night, it's a battleground in my head. Whether to forgive myself and just move on, or there are other layers that I have not yet discovered. I really want her to come back. Maybe it's true, love does not have to have . I want her to shine. She's a diamond of her own league. She's cute. She's my smile. She's everything for me. Now I'm getting emotional ahaha.      My sense of romance isn't getting any better as the day goes by. Practice ? That's probably the word. I need to do it. It's just, I couldn't understand her. I mean, I do have a sister. I should understand her a little bit; woman's world. Maybe much. But, like people say, everyone is unique. She's special.      I hope that she's smiling everyday; I know she's a tough one. She's an independent woman. Knowing that everything's

Pidato Wisuda yang Tak Tersampaikan

Baik, terima kasih kepada panitia arak-arakan bulan Mei atas kesempatan yang telah diberikan.      Yang terhormat, ibu Ir. Shinfi Wazna Auvaria, S.T, M.T selaku Ketua Program Studi Teknik Lingkungan UINSA, ibu Ir. Sulistiya Nengse, M.T selaku Sekretaris Program Studi Teknik Lingkungan UINSA dan Pembina Himpunan Mahasiswa Teknik Lingkungan UINSA, saudara Fakarrudin Rafi, S.T (amin), menyusul, selaku Ketua Himpunan Mahasiswa Teknik Lingkungan UINSA, saudara Ferdika Naufal, S.T, menyusul juga, dan rekan-rekan Env beserta keluarga kita semua.      Sebetulnya, cukup sulit untuk meresumekan atau menyimpulkan pengalaman selama saya berkuliah di kampus kita tercinta, UINSA SBY.      Teknik Lingkungan. Jurusan impian saya sedari kelas dua SMA. Timbulnya keinginan tersebut berawal dari keinginan mulia masa muda. Yaitu, daerah tempat di mana saya tinggal, di Tangerang, yang kalau malamnya hujan lebat, pasti besoknya bolos sekolah. Bukan karena nakal. Ya, memang nakal, sedikit. Tapi, bolosnya kare

Music, Joy, Vibe!

For the past few months I've been enjoying to listen to some old songs I used to listen to when I was younger such as hip hop, emo, pop and etc. Human is unique. We can lift up our mood by listening to a certain sound and it can help us focus on things that we are working on. Whether you just had a long day, or a very adventurous day, you always want to pop a song or just sing it yourself without the song playing. Alone, or with someone you know, together blasting the feeling out.      For me, the kind of music that I really like is hip hop, especially rap song. I don't know why but rap songs can always keep me sane during work or school hours. It's probably because I also try to imitate the gesture of the MC make when they are performing on stage. There are Eminem, 2Pac, Ice Cube, Kendrick Lamar, Rich Brian, Denzel Curry, Mac Miller, Logic, Joyner Lucas and J. Cole. Each has their own different technique and style. It's unique. I can never get tired of listening to the