Skip to main content

Self Control

While I was listening to one of Rich Brian's song "History" I heard about self control. Background story about the song is it's about a guy that met her ex and he couldn't move on. One day they both were in the same place, in a party to be exact. The girl's friends warned her about him and that she should stay away from him now that they have broken up. Then the guy this bar came,

You're so good at self control, but, maybe now it's time for change.

    That bar made me think that hmm if only I have that kind of power, just imagine you can limit the time you spend on your daily activities. This will soon lead you to be able to avoid instant gratification, but that will be on another discussion. Having the power to wait for instant gratification just a little bit longer for something greater in the long run is something that you can achieve if you do it daily. It's gotta be your habit. You gotta live with it, breath with it, etc.

    For me, well, I haven't timed all of the things I do daily but I've tried to download an application on android called Toggl Track. The app is just AMAZING. You basically have to register what are the things that you are doing as of right now. For example just before I sleep I write on the app as "sleeping" project so that it'll be on a separate category because, you know, we spend 1/3 of our whole life sleeping. After about two or three months using it daily, I found out that no matter how long I sleep in a day, it's gotta be a total of 8 hours per day on average. Say if I were to sleep only for 5 hours day one. The next day I should be sleeping for 8 hours right? but no, I'll be in my dream for 11 hours straight. A total of 16 hours for two days. It's been going on for three months. If I were to sleep for 7 or 9 hours a day, it's not that far from the variable of 8, the next day I didn't have to spend more than 8 hours sleeping because it was enough for me. Other thing like showering, stretching, working out, playing with your pets and brothers sisters anything you can time them and see how long you really spend daily. That way you can estimate when how much free time you have which you can use them and be more productive.

    It's sad that I found out about the app quite late, quarantine really got me lazy as h*ll because apparently the app has been around since 2006! d.*.m.n. Well, it's never too late to try and start new things, so if you haven't tried it you can download it right now! just remember, never waste time, and like my favourite band says,

Don't waste your time or time will waste you.

 -Muse

Adios!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parting Apart

I want to say I'm sorry, but I can't. Maybe I'm a hopeless romantic guy. I really love her, so much. With all my heart. Every night, it's a battleground in my head. Whether to forgive myself and just move on, or there are other layers that I have not yet discovered. I really want her to come back. Maybe it's true, love does not have to have . I want her to shine. She's a diamond of her own league. She's cute. She's my smile. She's everything for me. Now I'm getting emotional ahaha.      My sense of romance isn't getting any better as the day goes by. Practice ? That's probably the word. I need to do it. It's just, I couldn't understand her. I mean, I do have a sister. I should understand her a little bit; woman's world. Maybe much. But, like people say, everyone is unique. She's special.      I hope that she's smiling everyday; I know she's a tough one. She's an independent woman. Knowing that everything's

Pidato Wisuda yang Tak Tersampaikan

Baik, terima kasih kepada panitia arak-arakan bulan Mei atas kesempatan yang telah diberikan.      Yang terhormat, ibu Ir. Shinfi Wazna Auvaria, S.T, M.T selaku Ketua Program Studi Teknik Lingkungan UINSA, ibu Ir. Sulistiya Nengse, M.T selaku Sekretaris Program Studi Teknik Lingkungan UINSA dan Pembina Himpunan Mahasiswa Teknik Lingkungan UINSA, saudara Fakarrudin Rafi, S.T (amin), menyusul, selaku Ketua Himpunan Mahasiswa Teknik Lingkungan UINSA, saudara Ferdika Naufal, S.T, menyusul juga, dan rekan-rekan Env beserta keluarga kita semua.      Sebetulnya, cukup sulit untuk meresumekan atau menyimpulkan pengalaman selama saya berkuliah di kampus kita tercinta, UINSA SBY.      Teknik Lingkungan. Jurusan impian saya sedari kelas dua SMA. Timbulnya keinginan tersebut berawal dari keinginan mulia masa muda. Yaitu, daerah tempat di mana saya tinggal, di Tangerang, yang kalau malamnya hujan lebat, pasti besoknya bolos sekolah. Bukan karena nakal. Ya, memang nakal, sedikit. Tapi, bolosnya kare

Music, Joy, Vibe!

For the past few months I've been enjoying to listen to some old songs I used to listen to when I was younger such as hip hop, emo, pop and etc. Human is unique. We can lift up our mood by listening to a certain sound and it can help us focus on things that we are working on. Whether you just had a long day, or a very adventurous day, you always want to pop a song or just sing it yourself without the song playing. Alone, or with someone you know, together blasting the feeling out.      For me, the kind of music that I really like is hip hop, especially rap song. I don't know why but rap songs can always keep me sane during work or school hours. It's probably because I also try to imitate the gesture of the MC make when they are performing on stage. There are Eminem, 2Pac, Ice Cube, Kendrick Lamar, Rich Brian, Denzel Curry, Mac Miller, Logic, Joyner Lucas and J. Cole. Each has their own different technique and style. It's unique. I can never get tired of listening to the