Skip to main content

Hobbies

I've always been interested in playing drum, rapping and explore new places in the open forest. It was around early high school year when I found out my life calling. Well not necessarily a calling, but I just know that that is just what I want to do in my life.

    For me, I take hobbies as something that I do when I'm in my free time. It could be anytime like when I'm waiting for a meeting, on my way to somewhere using public transportation etc. Reading for example is like a habit of me, I read anytime I want but I also schedule the time for when I am going to read in a day so I'm not going to call it as a hobby.

    I found out about drumming when I was jamming through Muse musics. Holy d*mn, their music is sooo good. I was listening to Stockholm Syndrome and didn't know what a music can do to your heart. It's just the usual Muse music, they leave the best part near the end, not in the middle or even at the start of the song. If you would, you should definitely check it right now and play it while reading this ahaha. Feel the magic. Back to the story. I put on my earphone. I decided to follow the rhythm and grabbed a pair of chopstick. YES, A CHOPSTICK. I used an unused plastic bowl for the drums. As I bonk the chopstick to the bowl I felt like I can take on the world, come at me as you may. I have the power to turn the mountains upside down with my hand. It's like something fully energized me when I hear the song. It lasted until near the end of the song. Then something happened. My parents came back home from shopping and saw me playing drum like a madman. LOL. At that point I feel like they could kick me from their house and never wanted to mention my name anymore. Just kidding ahaha. Both my parents were like "okay" because they understand that it was probably the stuff that people of my age do as a teenager, which they probably did too some time ago. I'm grateful to have them, they would never judge anything that I do. They know that one of the way to learn new things is through making mistakes, as long as post mistake they guide us to evaluate the mistakes.

    Rapping on the other hand is quite different than drumming. I've always liked to follow people's actions ever since I was a little kid like in general. One time my father bought us a new computer, this was waaay long ago and I even remember that the specification was Pentium II. That's all I can remember. The computer has done wonder to us. My father for work stuff, my mother to listen to music and me and my brother and sister to play games of course ahaha. When I was browsing through the documents I saw Music folder and was curious of what would be inside of it. I opened it and there were so many songs from different artists. I picked one and started blasting it, it was Saykoji - Online. Saykoji is a rapper from my country along with Iwa K and a bunch of other rappers I didn't know yet. So yeah I tried to learn all of the lyrics by only listening to it and started to sing it myself without the song! Crazy. I showcased my skills to my elementary school friends, yes, ELEMENTARY SCHOOL friends, and they were stunned by the fact that I could rap it. I mean, not much you can do back in the day and people barely hear about the song. As the time goes by, I found out new artists that inspire me more to keep on rapping. Rapping is not only about going fast, talk about money and girls etc. It's about expressing ourselves as a human being, free from the world and not afraid to do it all. I like that idealism so that's probably the reason why I'm still loving the rap game, hip hop culture.

    The last one is derived from my desire to wander to different places. I started to dream about going out and explore new places when I was watching animal documentary, Steve Irwin was my hero. Not like I want to learn about animal stuff, no, it's more to open up my knowledge of what the h*ll is going on outside my nest. By doing this I hope that I can understand life more and be more present that we do not live here, on this earth, alone. I started to hike and go to sea when I was in college first year and they were all amazing experiences. Money can't buy you happiness, sure, but money can give access to anything you want and that what makes us able to feel something has been accomplished. I'll probably cover this topic more on the next entry.

    All three of those I cherish so much. It's also probably what makes me still want to wake up in the morning asides from doing work and school stuff. Find what you want to do in your life, if you enjoy doing it that's probably your passion and that you have to pursue it without neglecting other things you have at that moment. Hobbies is what makes us alive.

Adios!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parting Apart

I want to say I'm sorry, but I can't. Maybe I'm a hopeless romantic guy. I really love her, so much. With all my heart. Every night, it's a battleground in my head. Whether to forgive myself and just move on, or there are other layers that I have not yet discovered. I really want her to come back. Maybe it's true, love does not have to have . I want her to shine. She's a diamond of her own league. She's cute. She's my smile. She's everything for me. Now I'm getting emotional ahaha.      My sense of romance isn't getting any better as the day goes by. Practice ? That's probably the word. I need to do it. It's just, I couldn't understand her. I mean, I do have a sister. I should understand her a little bit; woman's world. Maybe much. But, like people say, everyone is unique. She's special.      I hope that she's smiling everyday; I know she's a tough one. She's an independent woman. Knowing that everything's

Pidato Wisuda yang Tak Tersampaikan

Baik, terima kasih kepada panitia arak-arakan bulan Mei atas kesempatan yang telah diberikan.      Yang terhormat, ibu Ir. Shinfi Wazna Auvaria, S.T, M.T selaku Ketua Program Studi Teknik Lingkungan UINSA, ibu Ir. Sulistiya Nengse, M.T selaku Sekretaris Program Studi Teknik Lingkungan UINSA dan Pembina Himpunan Mahasiswa Teknik Lingkungan UINSA, saudara Fakarrudin Rafi, S.T (amin), menyusul, selaku Ketua Himpunan Mahasiswa Teknik Lingkungan UINSA, saudara Ferdika Naufal, S.T, menyusul juga, dan rekan-rekan Env beserta keluarga kita semua.      Sebetulnya, cukup sulit untuk meresumekan atau menyimpulkan pengalaman selama saya berkuliah di kampus kita tercinta, UINSA SBY.      Teknik Lingkungan. Jurusan impian saya sedari kelas dua SMA. Timbulnya keinginan tersebut berawal dari keinginan mulia masa muda. Yaitu, daerah tempat di mana saya tinggal, di Tangerang, yang kalau malamnya hujan lebat, pasti besoknya bolos sekolah. Bukan karena nakal. Ya, memang nakal, sedikit. Tapi, bolosnya kare

Music, Joy, Vibe!

For the past few months I've been enjoying to listen to some old songs I used to listen to when I was younger such as hip hop, emo, pop and etc. Human is unique. We can lift up our mood by listening to a certain sound and it can help us focus on things that we are working on. Whether you just had a long day, or a very adventurous day, you always want to pop a song or just sing it yourself without the song playing. Alone, or with someone you know, together blasting the feeling out.      For me, the kind of music that I really like is hip hop, especially rap song. I don't know why but rap songs can always keep me sane during work or school hours. It's probably because I also try to imitate the gesture of the MC make when they are performing on stage. There are Eminem, 2Pac, Ice Cube, Kendrick Lamar, Rich Brian, Denzel Curry, Mac Miller, Logic, Joyner Lucas and J. Cole. Each has their own different technique and style. It's unique. I can never get tired of listening to the